Monday, April 18, 2011

Love Walk Exercise

Here is a little exercise for us to practice our love walk. You will need good strong steel toed shoes for this one. While in the School of Ministry back home, we had a class about Love. This was my favorite class although it was also the one that stepped on my toes the most. One of the things we had to do was memorize a passage of scripture out of what I call the Love chapter of the bible. 1 Cor 13. The passage was verses 4-8a. 1 Cor 13 v 4-8.....Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. LOVE NEVER FAILS...... Well, here is proof just because you know something doesn't mean you know anything. This is what I mean. Just because we memorize the scripture but we never put it into action, then we haven't learned anything. Just because someone knows who God is, doesn't mean they know God. Words without action are just markings on a page with no meaning. It is when we put action to the words that they come alive in us. They then move from our head to our hearts. If we only have the words in our head but not in our heart we have nothing worth anything. Here is my exercise, I noticed how I get off the love walk path now and again, and I wanted to get back on the path and stay steady in my love walk, so I have been reading 1 Cor 13 v4-8 daily. I decided to try to commit it to my memory once again, but this time also get it established in my heart, so when something should come up to cause me to want to jump off the path, I could bring up out of my heart, to my thinking what does the word say about walking in love toward your neighbor. Well, I kept getting stuck in the middle. I could remember very easily the first part and the last part, but I was having trouble in the middle. So I decided to seek the Lord and ask Him why am I having so much trouble remembering this middle section? And then one of those AHA moments hit me. That is where I was having trouble in my love walk. (...does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil....). Personally for me, these areas are trouble areas in my love walk. I do tend to look after number one (me) more than maybe I should, I do tend to think the worse of situations at times, and I am easily provoked at times. So here you have it. There it is, all out there for everyone to see. You may think, why are you telling off on yourself? 1 John 1 v 9...If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness...... Prov 15 v 31-33.....The ear that hears the rebukes of life will abide among the wise. He who disdains instruction depsises his own soul, but he who heeds rebuke gets understanding. The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, and before honor is humility.... I might just be guessing here, and I may be way off, but I am thinking that maybe I am not the only one that needs to practice our love walk. So if anyone out there believes they know someone who needs to practice their love walk, well maybe, you just admitted then that you do as well. Walk in love and then get a foot massage. STAY IN THE WORD!

No comments: