Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Pressure Is Off

WOW, what a revelation of knowledge I received this morning while studying and reading my daily devotional. The pressure has been taken off of me and you. We no longer have to believe whether or not our faith is sufficient to be healed. Mark 9 v 23...Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes"....... This scripture is not telling us if we can have enough faith to believe that we are healed, but can we have enough faith to believe in Him who is doing the healing, that He can do all things. My devotional said it like this, Jesus' faith never wavers, His faith is always the same. The question is do we have faith in Him? Now doesn't that take the pressure off? What a relief. To me, it was like releasing the knob on a pressure cooker and taking off the pressure. What a revelation! We do not have to beat ourselves up any longer as to whether or not we can be healed in our bodies or our finances or our relationships, etc. We just have to believe that He is capable of healing us in every area of our lives. Not only capable but willing. Another beautiful scripture I read this morning while watching one of my favorite teachers was this. Jer. 32 v 40-41....And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and all My soul..... Another WOW moment for me. God is telling us in this scripture that He will not only promise to do us good forever, but that He will rejoice in doing so, and do it with all His heart and all His soul. Now, I don't know about you, but for God to say that He is going to make me a promise that can never be broken to do me good, and not just good, but with ALL OF HIS HEART AND SOUL! That makes me want to shout and praise His name. That is a promise we can stand on forever. So when you hear people say things like "oh it must be God's will for someone to perish, or that hurricane or earthquake that killed all those people was an act of God" then you know that they do not know the same God we know. His word tells us clearly that He not only wants to, but made a promise to us to do us good, not harm or evil. John 10 v 10...."the thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly"....... Does that sound like He wants you sick, or in poverty? No, He said, He came that you may have life, and that you may have it more abundantly. In other words you shall not lack in any area when He is living in you. AMEN! So let's recap on what we have learned here. God says He promises to always do us good, and that we do not have to lack in any area, (health, finances, etc). And the best part is this, that the pressure is taken off of us, as to whether or not we have enough faith for these things. The pressure was applied to the cross on Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior and when He conquered the cross, He finished the work for us. Now, here is our part, Do we believe that He is Who He says He is, and can He do all He says He can do? In other words, do we have enough faith to believe in Him? Where can we find more about this God who loves us unconditionally and without condemnation, and Who promises to always give us good? STAY IN HIS WORD!

No comments: