Monday, May 7, 2012

Don't Be A Victim

Recently my son made a comment to me, that at first made me laugh and then as days went by that comment would come back to me and I realized a very important truth in that statement. I was complaining about something and my son said, what is it? I immediately blamed my husband for whatever was irritating me, and my son said, "Mom, don't be a victim". I started laughing and as I told the story to my cousin she laughed as well. But then it hit me. If we are the victim we can never have the victory. God did not intend for us to be victims, He intended for us to have Victory. AMEN! 1 Cor. 15 v 56-57....The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ..... We are not the victim, we have the victory over our situations, we just need to find in the word of God what He says about our particular battles and He will show us our victory. 1 John 5 v 4-5.....For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world, our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?..... How do we keep from being the victim? We keep His word in our hearts and on our minds. We speak His word over our situations and not what the world is telling us. We do not let our circumstances dictate to us that we are victims. We meditate on His word and not on our troubles. The more we speak about our problems the closer we come to being a victim instead of taking the victory that has already been won for us on the cross. We need to tell ourselves everyday, I will not be a victim, I will have victory over every situation today in my life. I will finish my race strong. My victory has already been paid for by my Lord on the cross, and I will not just lie down and become a victim. I am who His word says I am, I have what He says I have, and I can do all that He says I can do. I will celebrate my victory today and everyday and give Him the praise and the glory. AMEN! When we whine and complain we are being a victim. Stop being a victim. Instead walk in Victory! STAY IN HIS WORD!

No comments: