Thursday, October 16, 2008

What Do You Need More Of

God only asks you to give what He wants you to have more of. What a profound statement. This was the title of one of my devotionals this morning. If this doesn't make you want to just stop and meditate on what He is saying here, I mean exactly what is it you need more of? Is it time, is it money to pay your bills, is it gasoline in your car, is it more groceries, is it love, patience, kindness toward others? No matter what it is, if you will seek God, and start sowing whatever you lack into someone else's life, then God will multiply it back to you. It is a promise. And He does not break promises. He says when you give with the right heart, it will be pressed down, shaken together, running over into your bosom will men give back unto you.

Sometimes we just need more time. We are so busy and overwhelmed these days with our jobs, and our home lives, that we do not stop to take time for ourselves. In one of my health books I am reading, they were telling you to take just a few moments to get quiet, and do some breathing exercises and just this 2-3 minutes of calming yourself, can really revive you. I tried it yesterday. We were so busy, and I could not catch a break, so I excused myself went to the ladies room, and just stayed there and breathed in and out for about 2 minutes, and I was relaxed and ready to go again. While breathing in and out, I thanked God for His blessing of having a job. I asked Him to bless me and my co-workers as well with peace and harmony, and with wisdom to do our jobs correctly. (when you are giving out drugs, you want to make the right decisions) you do not want to be overwhelmed to the point that you start to make errors.

The same is true in our Christian lives. We want to be of a sound mind, with wisdom in our decisions that we make in regards to how we conduct ourselves, how we treat others, how we raise our children, how we take care of our finances, etc. This is why it is so important to spend time with the LORD on a daily basis. The world is changing everyday, and you need to be prepared to deal with that change.

Today, I will stop and meditate on what it is I need more of, and how can I sow this into the life of another. It seems weird to say, if you are short $20 each month on your bills, that you need to sow $20 helping someone else. Or if you need more time in your day, then give part of your time away to help someone else. This is where our faith kicks in.

Luke 10 v 40-42....But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "LORD, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me." And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."......

You see Mary needed time to worship, she needed time to be alone with her Lord, time to meditate on Him. She wanted to serve Him, more than serve others. She was more concerned about spending time learning from Him, than what her sister or anybody else thought about her. He knew she needed this time and like He said, it will not be taken away from her.

God knows your heart, He knows your needs. And this is why He tells you, to do unto others what you would have them do unto you. What is it that you need?
If you do not remember anything else in this tid-bit today, remember this.....God only asks you to give, what He wants you to have more of.....

Neta

No comments: