Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It Takes Everyone

It seems as though everywhere I look, and everything I read, is talking about missionaries, and the people who are sent out to help in relief efforts. Now I know these devotionals were written years ahead of today that I am reading, so it is just confirmation to me that the LORD is telling us, it takes all of us to make a difference. I mean when these people wrote these devotionals they could not have known about the hurricanes that just passed through here. I am not talking about one or two, no, I am talking about several different devotionals that I read each day. And then this weekend while visiting at my Brother-in-law's church, I was told of a mission trip that they are going on at the end of the month to help in relief efforts. So I feel God leading me in writing the tid-bits today on sending forth His word.

Romans 10 v 14-15.....How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? ANd how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!".......

I sent you all out a weekly devotional from Jame Robison from LIFE TODAY, as he was talking about the same thing. Then when I got into reading my other devotionals (which were written long before), God showed me over and over again, that it takes all of His people to do a missionary's job. It is not just about going, it is about the sending. Those of us who can not go ourselves have to do our part in the sending. Now, this is not just in relief efforts, so after the disaster is over for where you are helping out, don't just sit down. No, missionary work goes on everyday all over the world. God says we are to send His word out. In other words, if you are not the missionary then your part is to fund that missionary's way with what you can. So many times when there is a disaster we all get our adrenaline up and want to rush off to help, but then when the initial shock of the disaster runs its course, we just all go back to our happy little lives. Every church should support missionaries all around the world.

When your church sends money to missionaries in Africa, or China, or East Asia, or wherever, it is the same as you building a church there yourself. When you give your finances into that mission, it is the same as you building that church with your funds. AMEN! How many of you would like to say, I built that church! AMEN!

Let's all this week, put our focus on missionaries and their work all over the world. See who you can help this week. I know I get excited every time I send money to LIFE TODAY, to build a water well, to feed the children, to build shelters for the abused little girls in China, and now they are getting ready to buy shoes for all the little children for Christmas. I am excited to know that I can probably buy 40 pairs of shoes for 40 children. Maybe the first shoes these children have ever owned. What a wonderful Christmas present. If you want to know more about these missions, go to WWW.LIFETODAY.ORG, and check out Life's Christmas Shoe project.

May you each have a blessed day, and have all you need today.
Neta

No comments: