Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Check Your Love Walk

Have you been praying about something and believing for something and it is just not happening. Well, maybe you need to check your love walk. Sometimes we feel like we are doing everything right, but we just can't seem to get anywhere. We think, I am living right, I am spending time with God, spending time in the word, going to church, but for some reason God will just not answer this prayer. Well, sometimes we just need to dig a little deeper into our hearts and see where we have missed the mark on forgiving someone, or just where we have not shown the love toward someone like we should have. Somewhere we have gotten off the path in walking in love toward others. And that means everybody. You see if you have unforgiveness in your heart toward someone, then when you pray you are praying without faith. You say how is that? Well the word says that faith can not work without love. So if you do not have love in your heart toward everyone your faith can not be activated. You may believe what you are saying but, if you truly believed then you would forgive first, love your enemies as yourself and then your faith could be activated.

John 15 v 7-14....If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you will be My disciples. As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. you are My friends if you do whatever I command you...

John 15 vs 17...These things I command you, that you love one another...

2 Pet. 1 v 5-7....But also for this very reason, giving all diligence add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self control, to self control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.....

1 Cor. 13 v 13....And now abide faith, hope love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.....

1 Cor. 13 v 1-3....Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become like sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and have not love, it profits me nothing......

So you see Love is first and foremost, before faith or anything else. Without love, you have nothing. So next time you are praying and praying for something and it just does not seem to happen. Check your love walk and see if you have gotten off the path of love toward others somewhere along the way.

Neta

No comments: